Eggless Easter
I still can't believe it.
I realised on Monday morning that I did not consume one single Easter egg during the holiday. Thats not to say I didn't have chocolate. (Aero on Friday, AND mars delight on Sunday) But seriously, I am a chocolate junkie, if I don't eat it I get the shakes, have mood swings and get depressed (actually I only assume this would happen, I don't deprive myself of chocolate, I wouldn't be responsible for my actions if I did.)
I should have been the one who had a huge egg, or tons of little ones. I mean tons. But not one passed my lips.
I am worried that I'm growing up. I've traded Easter eggs for red wine (which I did consume a lot of over the holiday). I don't feel like it's truely been Easter, Jesus hasn't died and risen for me this year. I haven't celebrated Jesus enough, and Christmas is just too far away to be thinking about. So Christmas is His birthday, and Easter is His death, whats up with the palms, isn't that around now too? And then they burn the left over ones at church at some point, some other occasion, that deserves burnt palm smell. mmm, I likt burnt palm smell. And the little crosses on the heads of people. I think I got one of those once. hmmm, Palm Sunday? Tuesday? Wednesday? Then theres the pancakes day too, Tuesday?
It's all too much for me to remember, besides I don't go to church, I'm not christened or baptised, I'm not allowed the bread and wine, and I can't remember birthdays half the time, let alone a million and one important religious dates, so what's the point?
I think on my way home today I'll need to buy a bunch of eggs, to make up for the weekend, to show Jesus that I really do love him.
Overload on eggs coming right up.
Maybe I'll just get some more wine...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home