Happy Father’s Day: A Blog from My Wife, Sophy
Happy Father’s Day: A Blog from My Wife, Sophy
by John McManamyWednesday, June 14th, 2006
Since it is Father’s Day, I thought I would give John a nice present - let him have a few hours off to read a Dan Brown book, and I will write a blog for him. It’s a win-win situation, since I love John and I love to write.
I am John’s second wife, “Sophy.” I am the total opposite from John- he likes the Red Sox, I root for the Yankees. He likes PC’s, I am a Mac enthusiast. He likes Jazz and Classical music- I love Rock and Roll.
What we agree on is that we are both bipolar 1. We both have to take medicine every day for the rest of our lives because of this illness. We both struggle - I perhaps more than him in some ways. He has made peace with it. I still question.
...
All the time, all the wasted time,” said Barry Manilow. All the time any one of those doctors, intelligent people could have connected the dots and made the proper diagnosis.
In some alternative universe there is a Sophy who does not suffer from bipolar and became a doctor. And in that universe she will not have found someone who loves her, as I eventually did.
So while part of me mourns the wasted years- the other part of me knows to concentrate on the living years. What I am living now. Alive. With my family - my own and my husband’s. And our cat. Life is good. It may not be what I expected, but it’s as good as it will get. And that good is wonderful.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home