and a column emerges...

Words that tear and rip and scratch.
I’m finding it increasingly difficult to string words together, to formulate coherent sentences, its getting harder and harder to link sentences smoothly. They just don’t seem to fit together like they used to. Jutting out at the sides. Sharp edges hanging out ready to rip the shit out of your arms and legs.
Then a fantastically lyrical, poetic, paragraph pops out about a random subject, like words ripping the shit out of you. Maybe not such a random subject, I believe it’s true. Not in the metaphorical sense it is written, but certain things you read can slit your mind open, and leave it to bleed out. Other things, no less certain can rip your heart to shreds and leave you clinging blindly to the hope for a better world.
My mind has darkened somewhat since being in Ireland. It was nice. I saw family. Rolling country side that reminded me of home.
It has made me homesick once more, for a place I have almost forgotten. My problem is, when I go back, where will I live? What will I do? The world will have rotated how many times and my old life will be forever gone. Not that I’d want it back, but some kind of life would be nice, without having to start all over again, again.
But Ireland, the Emerald Isle. It is beautiful. It’s green, and has hills. It has friendly people with fantastic accents. A very nice looking/sounding man knocked on my door, and I told him he could read my meter anytime. In a parallel universe I told him that. Real time, I think I fumbled my way through ‘I don’t know where the meter is’ luckily he did.
I ate soda bread, and potato bread, had an Ulster Fry. I actually ate a bit of black pudding. That’s made up of blood and gross stuff. It wasn’t so bad. Odd texture, but overall it was okay. I stayed with uncle Paddy. He was accommodating and had breakfast lain out on the table every morning for me when I woke up. It felt like I was an Irish queen, and I was coming home.
The Giants Causeway was the highlight of my trip, running around like a crazed child jumping from rock to rock. Ooh I was loving the Giants Causeway.I’d recommend it to anyone. It’s just fun. Until I started running round the rocks, I was a little disappointed I thought it would be bigger, like true giant rocks, and when the little bus rounded the corner, and it was all small, I didn’t know what to think. Truth is, it isn’t small, it’s just engulfed by huge cliffs and the sea. It was good to see the sea. The clean, pure air, made my lungs sing.
I do like to be beside the seaside.


4 Comments:
yes, I can see it too.
I like to be a rock for someone.
It doesn't happen much anymore.
Although I really did try to text back sooner last night!
I woke up at some god awful time and saw my phone beside me on my bed, I thought thats odd, did I get a message?
Yes I did!
I read it - half asleep - and tried to reply but fell asleep only to wake up a bit later with the exact same thought. then it happened again.
then in the morning, when I knew I actually had to get up, I read it and replyed proper like!
Imagine the joyous text you might have received.
Muah ha ha.
I am a vampire.
all blood dripping from my fangs and everything.
I just used to hide it real well.
You know, steaks have blood too.
Yesssss!
Like Napoleon Dynamite.
You ate the black sausage.
I haven't told Amy or Tracy incase they think I am totally gross.
I ate raw cow once, it was like a delicacy and cut really really finely. You couldnt' tell it was raw.
I didnt mean to.
At least the blood is cooked. Its more like meat when cooked.
Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»
Post a Comment
<< Home